Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On Bad Days

They say bad things come in threes. I really hope that that's true.
It started with my alarm.
I don't know if any of you have ever done this, but apparently what I did was I woke up briefly - a moment in time of which I have no memory - and turned off my alarm. And then I fell back asleep. I mean, I've fallen asleep post-alarm before. You know, turned it off and then lain back and woken up another fifteen minutes or so later and been angry at myself. But this time I just woke up. A lot later. An hour.
Alarm set for 8:10. Woke up at 8:53.
Okay, things could be worse.
I rush upstairs and go for a shower, cursing myself the whole way. There were lots of swear words. I then ran downstairs to dress and run out of the house. When I got to my work clothes and bag, I found that my drink bottle had spilled juice all over the bag and clothes. So, swearing a lot more, I found a new set of work clothes and put all of my stuff into my other bag.
Okay, kind of shitty, but again, it could be worse.
So I throw on my new clothes, grab my bag and run out of the house, trying to get to the bus that would get me to work - at best - half an hour late. I turn up my wrist to have a look at my watch to see when the bus will arrive, and wouldn't you know it - the fucking thing is dead. Dead battery.

Now, I know, things can be worse, but it's all a matter of perspective. Seriously? Three things like that? Come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment