Thursday, August 12, 2010

To the Doctor!

I went to my GP at the insistence of hospital staff. I handed him the CD of ultrasound photos and a letter from the emergency on-call doctor.
After telling him what they said and did he asked, "Did they get a urine sample?"
"Yes."
"Hmm...could we get one now? I'd rather send out with our lab."
"I...yeah, I think so."
So, I peed in another cup.
He told me the results report from the ultrasound came in to him and that it was possibly the beginnings of a vericocele, which was basically the veins on the left side of my ball become inflamed or larger.
"For now," he said, "you don't have to worry about it as they used words like "might", "may" and "beginnings of", but if it gets worse, come back. This could cause testicular heating and affect sperm production."
"Oh. Okay."
And then he sent me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment