Saturday, February 11, 2012

You Sunk Battleship

I don't know if you guys have seen this, but I think you should. Not because it looks good, but because it looks so damn stupid.

That is the trailer for the upcoming film adaptation of the game Battleship by Hasbro. No, I'm not kidding and I wish I was. Surprisingly, no, it isn't directed by Michael Bay, but by Peter Berg - director of the unfortunately unimpressive film Hancock.

Is this really happening? And if so, why? I think Battleship is as unfilmable a game as you can get besides Monopoly, and even that has (substantiated) rumours of a film adaptation by Ridley freaking Scott. Yes, the guy who gave us Gladiator.

Looking at the trailer for Battleship, it frightens me that there are such talents as Alexander SkarsgÄrd, Liam Neeson and Peter MacNicol. Liam Neeson doesn't need an IMDB link, you all know who he is! I mean, I know actors have to do some films for fun, but really? The Battleship movie? Come on. It just looks like a poor man's Transformers - and even those films weren't very good!

Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment