I was thinking about this last night when I couldn't sleep. Say it's the apocalypse, or some other kind of earth-shattering event, and you have the chance to get on one of the people-arks and get saved with a small percentage of humanity. What would you save? Think about it - you can only bring so much luggage, so let's say you can take 10 books, 10 movies/TV shows, 10 CDs and 5 other personal items along with clothes.
What would you bring?
NOTE: Films that are trilogies count as only one because they come in the same pack. Book series only count as one if they CURRENTLY come in a one book option. These items must come from YOUR SHELF AS IT IS NOW. These are in no particular order.
1. On the Road - Jack Kerouac
2. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson
3. Howl and Other Poems - Allen Ginsberg
4. World War Z - Max Brooks
5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey
6. American Gods - Neil Gaiman
7. The Road - Cormac McCarthy
8. Night, Dawn and Day - Elie Wiesel
9. American Psycho - Brett Easton Ellis
10. A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
1. Gross Point Blank
2. Apocalypse Now
5. True Grit (Coen Bros version)
6. Indiana Jones Trilogy
7. Star Wars Original Trilogy
8. Back to the Future Trilogy
10. Reservoir Dogs
1. The Shape of Punk to Come - The Refused
2. International Superhits - Green Day
3. The Empire Strikes First - Bad Religion
4. Billy Talent - Billy Talent
5. Highway 61 Revisited - Bob Dylan
6. The Living End - The Living End
7. Zoot Suit Riot - The Cherry Poppin' Daddies
8. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
9. Everything Goes Numb - Streetlight Manifesto
10. Decomposer - The Matches
1. Camera and charger
2. Laptop and charger
3. Photo albums
4. A large notebook and a pen
5. A trypic of paintings done by Sam Henning hanging on my wall.
What would you save?
P.S. : These items may change as my collection grows or my tastes change.